Sunday, December 14, 2008

Software saint and some IT gyan..





Before I start let me make certain things clear.. I am the self proclaimed software saint as in the title..As for the Gyan.. Read on..!!

To start with.. Setting : Just after a meeting..



Me : Defect Reductions, Targets, Process improvements.. Man.. Too much stuffed into the same meeting...Sure... But quite informative..
Arun : Dai.. Welcome slide pota apove thoongnavan thane da ni...
Me : Vidu Machi.. Ipdi build up vita than juniors nammala madhipanga..
Bhai : Naan kuda oru second aadi poiten da. Enaku thoongi company kudukra ore aalu ipdi elam pesa aramichtane nu.. Thanks for uphelding my belief machi..!!..

There's one thing I always liked about good for nothing meetings.U needn't spend cash for sleeping pills.Just sit back and enjoy a wonderful trip down memory lane, right back to your kindergarten sleeping hours.

Back to my cubicle now..Me, browsing through my outlook.
One unread mail.. marked high importance..

Dear developer,
Bugs have been reported for the subject task.
kindly do the needful.



Before I could turn back,
Arun : De Maapi.. elam inga vanga da.. Thalaivaruku mail la oru gift vandruku..
Me : (Well u can imagine my worked up face at this instance!! )
Arun : Moraikadha da.. Un thunbatha share panlame nu than elathayum kupten..
Bhai : Ivan meeting mudinju overa pesnna apove nenachen da.. Ivunuku oru periya aapu iruku nu..
Me : Ada paavi.. Company kudukra nanban nu dialog elam viteye da..
Arun : Adu sari. First attachment open panu.. evlo bug nu pakalam..
Me : Double clicking the attachment..!
Bhai : Enada... 2 lines description irukum nu patha oru essay ve eludhi vechurkanga!!
Me : Gasping for air and frantically scrolling down the pages..
Final count : 29 bugs !!Crestfallen..!
Arun : Target exceed pananum nu un kita sonnadhu thapa poche da.. Ni gethu machi..
Dept. target single task la exceed panita da..
Me : Hm.. Bug vandadu kuda prachanai ilai da.. Ivan elam pesra alavuku naan vanduten pathiya.. Romba feelinga iruku da..

Well.. end of a typical day.. Don't ask me what happened in the bug analysis after that.. I believe blogspot provides me limited storage space :)

Being somebody from the Mechanical Background, having gotten used to practical ideologies, the transformation into a world seemingly virtual has not been easy.infact i'd say the transformation has never happened. But then I'd have equal reasons to grumble had I been in some Toyota Shopfloor managing inventories!! :)
Atleast the rhetoric is a little tone down here..!!.. Come on guys.. I do have ample A/c and some good birdwatching to cool down my nerves. I meant the serene wallpapers on my desktop u morons!! :)

Now back to the present..

Me : Enada idhu.. Virtual Memory nu solranga.. Adula store agudu nu solranga.
Bhai : Thats simple da.. Virtual memory is something which gives an impression that it has contiguous working memory, while infact it may be physically fragmented....
I swear, he stopped abruptly on seeing my face......
Me: Dai.. Apdiye odi poidu.. Just before i could find something to hit u..

Software does give you some valuable lessons though. One such is to bridge the age old hierarchial differences through effective communications.But even that is a subjective natural resource that might command over exploitation.But the best lesson that i've derived is..
No matter how rigid or complicated things may be, it will always boil down to one's and zero's.
(Romba yosika venam)..!!
The one's who can improvise and the zero's who trust copy paste..
I never bother if I draw a blank. I know.
"Picture Abhi bakhi hai mere dost"!!:)

5 comments:

Anucharan said...

Bhai : Thats simple da.. Virtual memory is something which gives an impression that it has contiguous working memory, while infact it may be physically fragmented....
I swear, he stopped abruptly on seeing my face......

I know that face...I've seen it plenty times..:)...was laughing out loud aftr reading this.

Also
Infact the transition never happened..
This line should be preached..Never let it happen.

Samba said...

Somehow, I get the feeling that I do not belong here, every single day.

Not content with Virtual Happiness, I guess..

Adithya said...

@ Aswin..
Am giving u company on ur note !! :)

Anonymous said...

Weightana Blog machi... Was laughing Alone in the Room until tears filled my eyes... missing every bit of fun@office da..
Having Said that, This one's a real Bloggy:)

Anonymous said...

Weightana Blog machi... Was laughing Alone in the Room until tears filled my eyes... missing every bit of fun@office da..
Having Said that, This one's a real Bloggy:)