Sunday, July 20, 2008

King of Good Times


Probably one might think this is one of those fascinating interludes with Kingfisher, but lo behold!!
This is an ode to the impeccable experiences that I have derived during the journey of my college life...A rolercoaster ride i'd love to live back anyday, of course interspersed with many kingfisher interludes !! :)

I've always fathomed how unpredictable destiny's plot is, leading people of varied culture and ambitions, of distinct backgrounds, into a pool of common thought, giving them an opportunity to explore a mystique environment, full of unadulterated fun, a paradise called college. "CIT" , for those blokes who've logged in accidentally n dont know me !!.. Sometimes it makes me wonder whether the lyrics of the legendary song "Jeena Yahan Marna Yahan, Iske siva jaana kahan" are tailor made for such instances. Pardon me for turning poetic but could'nt hold myself back at the stark coincidence.To all those buddies who dont understand hindi it roughly translates to something like this "Vaalvum Inge, Saavum Inge, Idhai vital engu povadhu !! ".. Know it sounds extremely comical when bluntly put down, but the hindi lyrics are pretty intense.. Believe me !! :)

Quite bizzare it is indeed, how a "Machi" or a "Maplai" could for the basis for any individual's recognition transcending his status. The demons of segregation arising out of caste based reservations are rendered so much infinitesimal , when pitched against the larger picture. The metamorphosis from being a lanky nerd to an all encompassing adult is replete with experiences drawn with time.

The quartet of years makes one undergo a full cycle. The bottled up attitude of the fresher, possessing a purity waitng to be exploited by his seniors, the hegemonistic sophomore yearning to stamp his authority, the high flying third years who need to be reminded that their feet are still grounded and the sagacity of the final years are all testimony to the game.

Now speaking of the interludes that I mentioned in the beginning, I bet any hostel tale, however fantasised it may be, will never achieve satiation without the inclusion of a drunken tale. Being witness to innumerable such instances its a safe bet to derive the fact that, many a man whose gotten drunk would profess, in all his honesty, things that could have caused a huge furore if not for the intoxicated state of being. All said and done, one cant help but admire the fact that innumerable quarrels however frenzied or whipped up it may be, can always be settled with a bottle of spirit. :)
And that remains an unsaid secret.

From the dungeons of Tv rooms watching cricket to the never ending night studies for semesters abundantly replete with "vetti pongals" life could never have been so upbeat. If at all life is all about those Q moments with buddies, those chito chats shared,those scrambling for food in a single plate,those uncanny quarrels and subsequent reunions or those unrelenting rapport which never needed an expression, then its definately worth living... A hundred times !!..

During my formative years, during a casual talk one of my friends asked me " What's real friendship?? ". I pondered for a while and said " A simple friend, when visiting, acts like a guest. A real friend opens the fridge and helps himself! ", which I swear is something I took out of a forward that I received that day.And I chided myself at saying that ! :).. Couple of years went by and it dawned upon us that we needed to bid farewell to each other. I still remember those last moments that had an everlasting silence and the occasional rolldown of a tear drop. My mind raced back in time. Atleast I wasn't looking for an answer now. I knew, silence had spoken more than words....

Dedicated : To all my buddies..


9 comments:

Sango said...

Beautifully written.. Reminded me of my college days.. ur post makes me regret for a moment..I missed out on what u call 'The Best' - Hostel life! :-)

Anyways, Let me take the honour of welcoming you to this world of Blogosphere.. Looking forward to some more wonderful posts from you.. Happy Blogging! ;-)

Santhosh Kumar A said...

ll read it and comment after sometime... chumma comment matum ipo

Samba said...

Clap Clap Clap...

Sabari said...

Dai thanks for the trip to our college days...But I will suggest you to write one blog for each year...Also in next blog allava peter vidu...

vikhram ramachandran said...

hei and that awesome trip did give me a status to have malbros and gold flake's to be stockpiled in my pockets too :)

Unknown said...

De Adhi,

Sathyama Oru linela rendu vaarthaiku artham theriyalada. please adutha thadava blog eluthumpodu konjam simple englishla eluthuda..

Message given by Dhana..

Subu said...

great da adhi.. :)

next time, if you need any help in tamil translations, you can refer Dhana. (Tamil pulavara maranthutiya da.. )

keep writing more :)

- Subu

Dhana said...

De atlast find time to read ur postings here despite my laziness,, Hopefully this is the first time i read something like tis completely(that too by 4:00 AM) thanks to the interesting flow of events,, Gr8 da adhi.. Keep writing more!!

saTish said...

I love Sabari's comment ;)

Nice post man...with a heavy dosage of non-layman-ish Engli-piss words... Gonna chk our ur other posts as well !!

Hope you do remember me? :O